After trying to resolve an issue directly with a public utility, you may wish to file an informal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission. Use the Informal Complaint form to outline complaints about a utility service or company.
Instructions to File an Informal Complaint
Choose one of the following filling method:
eFile (Electronic File)
- Individuals seeking to eFile must register online.
If you are not registered visit the Electronic Filing (eFiling) page. Within 2 business days of registering you will receive an email to active your account.
- Go to the Informal Complaint eFile form
- Follow the online form’s instructions to complete form and submit to the PUC.
In Person / Postal Mail
- Click the link to download the Informal Complaint Form in PDF format.
- You may choose to:
– Compete the fillable form on your computer and print the form; or
– Print a blank form and complete by hand.
- Deliver or mail competed form to the PUC Oahu office.
State of Hawaii
Public Utilities Commission
465 South King Street, Room 103
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813