Electronic Filing (eFiling)
Individuals may electronically file (eFile) non-confidential documents and electronically pay (ePayment) for documents requiring a fee pursuant to §16-601-24, Hawai`i Administrative Rules, with the Hawai`i Public Utilities Commission (Commission) via the Commission’s Document Management System (DMS). For more information about eFiling, click on the DMS eFile General Information document.
Registration for eFiling
- A document containing confidential or proprietary information shall not be eFiled. Confidential or proprietary information must continue to be filed manually.
- Only one (1) portable document format (“PDF”) file attachment is permitted per filing and the file size shall not exceed 25MB.
- An electronically imprinted time stamp requires a blank area at the top right corner of the documents first page approximately 2.5” by 2.5”.
- Whenever a signature is required, the typed name preceded by “/s/” shall constitute an official ink signature.
- eFiled documents submitted after normal Commission business hours, i.e., 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except Saturdays, Sundays, and State of Hawaii holidays, shall not be deemed “filed” until the start of the next Commission business day.
- For additional requirements click on the DMS eFile General Information document.
Go to Filing & Forms, find your form, and follow the online instructions.
For additional assistance contact the Commission’s Chief Clerk at (808) 586-2020