Filing Complaints

  • Informal Complaints

    After trying to resolve an issue directly with a public utility, you may wish to file an informal complaint with the PUC.

  • Formal Complaints

    If your informal complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to file a formal complaint, your pleading must be filed in accordance with the formal complaint filing procedures set forth in HAR § 6-61-67. Your filing will be subject to a $30.00 filing fee.

  • Witness for Illegal Motor Carrier Operations

    If you witness a motor carrier violating the rules and regulations of the Public Utilities Commission, you may report it to the Commission by filing a Declaration: Witness for Illegal Motor Carrier Operations form. The Consumer Affairs and Compliance section will review the declaration and if warranted open an investigation.