After trying to resolve an issue directly with a public utility, you may wish to file an informal complaint with the Public Utilities Commission. Use the Informal Complaint form to outline complaints about a utility service or company.
Instructions to File an Informal Complaint
Choose one of the following filling method:
eFile (Electronic File)
- Individuals seeking to eFile must register online.
If you are not registered visit the Electronic Filing (eFiling) page. Within 2 business days of registering you will receive an email to active your account.
- Go to the Informal Complaint eFile form
- Follow the online form’s instructions to complete form and submit to the PUC.
In Person / Postal Mail
- Click the link to download the Informal Complaint Form in PDF format.
- You may choose to:
– Compete the fillable form on your computer and print the form; or
– Print a blank form and complete by hand.
- Deliver or mail competed form to the PUC Oahu office.
State of Hawaii
Public Utilities Commission
465 South King Street, Room 103
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
 The text that is crossed out reflects edits made for consistency with the Commission's Emergency Procedures Order, PUC Moves to All Electronic Processes, filed on March 13, 2020 as part of the PUC’s overall response to COVID-19. These changes are in effect until further notice is given by commission order.