Electronic Filing (eFiling)
Individuals may electronically file (eFile)
non-confidential documents and electronically pay (ePayment) for documents requiring a fee pursuant to §16-601-24, Hawai`i Administrative Rules, with the Hawai`i Public Utilities Commission (Commission) via the Commission’s Document Management System (DMS). For more information about eFiling, click on the DMS eFile General Information document.
Registration for eFiling
A document containing confidential or proprietary information shall not be eFiled. Confidential or proprietary information must continue to be filed manually.
- Up to ten (10) portable document format (“PDF”) file attachments are permitted per filing and the individual file size shall not exceed 25MB. Files larger than 25MB must be broken up into multiple PDF files. The total size of all attachments must not exceed 50MB. If more than 10 attachments are required or the total attachments file size exceed 50MB, the filing must be submitted as multiple eFilings and should indicate the total number and order of the eFilings in the “PUC Number” field using the format “Filing 1 of X” where x is the total number of efilings.
- An electronically imprinted time stamp requires a blank area at the top right corner of the documents first page approximately 2.5” by 2.5”.
- Whenever a signature is required, the typed name preceded by “/s/” shall constitute an official ink signature.
- eFiled documents submitted after normal Commission business hours, i.e., 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except Saturdays, Sundays, and State of Hawaii holidays, shall not be deemed “filed” until the start of the next Commission business day.
- For additional requirements click on the DMS eFile General Information document.
Go to Filing & Forms, find your form, and follow the online instructions.
For additional assistance contact the Commission’s Chief Clerk at (808) 586-2020
 The text that is crossed out reflects edits made for consistency with the Commission's Emergency Procedures Order, PUC Moves to All Electronic Processes, filed on March 13, 2020 as part of the PUC’s overall response to COVID-19. These changes are in effect until further notice is given by commission order.