Electronic Filing (eFiling)
Individuals may electronically file (eFile)
non-confidential documents and electronically pay (ePayment) for documents requiring a fee pursuant to §16-601-24, Hawai`i Administrative Rules, with the Hawai`i Public Utilities Commission (Commission) via the Commission’s Document Management System (DMS). For more information about eFiling, click on the DMS eFile General Information document.
Registration for eFiling
A document containing confidential or proprietary information shall not be eFiled. Confidential or proprietary information must continue to be filed manually.
- Up to ten (10) portable document format (“PDF”) file attachments are permitted per filing and the individual file size shall not exceed 25MB.
- An electronically imprinted time stamp requires a blank area at the top right corner of the documents first page approximately 2.5” by 2.5”.
- Whenever a signature is required, the typed name preceded by “/s/” shall constitute an official ink signature.
- eFiled documents submitted after normal Commission business hours, i.e., 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except Saturdays, Sundays, and State of Hawaii holidays, shall not be deemed “filed” until the start of the next Commission business day.
- For additional requirements click on the DMS eFile General Information document.
Go to Filing & Forms, find your form, and follow the online instructions.
For additional assistance contact the Commission’s Chief Clerk at (808) 586-2020
 The text that is crossed out below reflects edits made for consistency with the Commission's Emergency Procedures Order, filed on March 13, 2020. These changes are in effect until further notice is given by commission order.