Request for Extension to File PUC Annual Financial Report For Utilities and Water Carriers

If you cannot complete your report on or before the due date, you may ask for an extension of time to file the report. A request for the extension of time must be postmarked, eFiled, or hand delivered to the Commission on or before March 31st. Approval shall be granted for good cause only.

NOTE:  If eFiling, all eFile terms and conditions of filing apply.

Failure to File by the Due Date
Any carrier who fails to file by the due date as noted above shall be subject to a show cause hearing and/or penalty.

You may choose to submit your form by eFile (Electronic File) or In Person/Postal Mail.


  1. Individuals seeking to eFile must register online.
    If you are not registered visit the Electronic Filing (eFiling) page. Within 2 business days of registering you will receive an email to active your account.
  2. Follow the online form’s instructions to complete form and submit to the PUC.

In Person / Postal Mail

  1. Click the link to download the Instructions for Request for Extension to File PUC AFR For Utilities and Water Carriers.
  2. Click the link to download the Request for Extension to File PUC Annual Financial Report Beyond the Due Date of March 31, 20__ form in PDF format.
  3. You may choose to:
    1) Compete the fillable form on your computer and print the form; or
    2) Print a blank form and complete by hand.
  4. Deliver or send competed form to the PUC Oahu office.

    State of Hawaii
    Public Utilities Commission
    465 South King Street, Room 103
    Honolulu, Hawaii 96813