Motor Carriers

slider-transportationThe Commission regulates passenger and property motor carriers (“MC”). Passenger carriers are classified by authorized vehicle seating capacity. They include tour companies, limousine services, and other transportation providers. Property carriers are classified by the types of commodities transported and the nature of services performed, namely: general commodities, household goods, commodities in dump trucks, and specific commodities. By law, certain transportation services, including, without limitation, taxis, school and city buses, ambulance services, refuse haulers, farming vehicles, and persons transporting personal property, are exempt from Commission regulation.

In accordance with its statutory requirements, the Commission performs the following functions in the regulation of MC: (1) certification and licensing; (2) ratemaking; and (3) business regulation.

Filings & Forms for MC

Motor Carriers Applications, Certificates, Permits, and Mandatory Filings to Obtain or Maintain PUC Certificates or Permits.

Submit a Complaint

Report a motor carrier violation or submit a complaint against a motor carrier.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Regulated Motor Carriers

Regulated MC reports on CDMS.


Water Carriers

Moved to Water Carriers page.

Updated 8/2023